- Hydropower Projects Rise 300% Across Balkans Risking Wildlife
- Costa Rica Completely Runs on Renewable Energy for 300 Days
- Renewable Energy Witnesses a Bright Future in Hawaii
- Dutch Offshore Wind Farm Builders Poised to Sell Green Electricity to Corporates
- Wind Power to Leapfrog Taking Over Coal Power in Texas
- India’s Renewable Energy Target of 175 GW by 2022 Attracts Global Investors on
- The US Renewable Energy Achieves New Milestone on
- Renewable Energy Revolution Growing Stronger on
- Renewable Energy Ready to Take Off Around the World on
- Electric Vehicles Get Green Credentials Thanks to Renewable Energy on
Tag Archives: wind farm
Over the last decade, India’s power demand has been increasing by geometric progression, with the rapid industrial and economic growth.For decades India has been adding only large scale conventional power plants to meet this rising electricity demands. Continue reading
Google bought the entire output of two new wind farms under construction in Sweden and Norway. As the search giant continues its push to be powered by one hundred percent renewable energy. Continue reading
Renewable energy has become a priority or say mandatory for many countries, especially in view of the Paris Agreement’s 2020 emission reduction goals. Total global installed capacity of wind power has touched 432,419 MW at the end of 2015, representing cumulative growth as high as 17%. Continue reading
Wind energy is becoming a major source of electricity in the recent years. Last year, Iowa has generated 31% of its power from wind resources, the most in the country. Other states, including South Dakota (25.5%) and Kansas (23.9%) are not too behind. Continue reading
Though many people view plastic as a threat to the environment, recent developments have proven that plastic can, in fact, be used as a valuable resource in the pursuit of renewable energy.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) has announced its biggest renewable energy venture till date – a 208 MW wind farm that will supply power to its present and future Amazin cloud data centres. Continue reading
The Whitelee wind farm located at Eaglesham Moor, in East Renfrewshire is the largest onshore wind-farm in Europe. At present the wind farm has 215 turbines that can generate 539MW of electricity. This is sufficient to power around 290,000 homes.
British power producer Eneco Wind UK Ltd. and Dutch company EDF Energy will jointly collaborate to develop an offshore wind farm off the south coast of England, enough to power 800,000 homes with electricity.
After a setback of continuing disapproval, finally Viking Energy got a go-ahead remark to install 370 MW wind farm in the Shetland Islands.
China, a progressive country that successfully captured the manufacturing sector in no time has now set its eyes on the energy sector and is all geared up to take hold of this renewable energy industry as well.